First preview build of NLog 2.0 is available12 Mar 2010
Very experimental first build of NLog from 2.0 branch is available for download. It’s not alpha, beta or even gamma, just a preview of upcoming changes for those adventurous enough to try it out. My primary goal for this preview release is making sure there are no unintended breaking changes.
I would greatly appreciate your help in making sure the code which uses NLog 1.x continues to work with NLog 2.0 (in both source and binary-compatibility situations). Please report any issues as comments under this post.
Summary of changes:
- Entire code base has been ported to C# 3.0, cleaned up and simplified.
- This release has been compiled against the following frameworks:
- Silverlight 2.0 and 3.0
- .NET Framework 2.0
- .NET Framework 3.5 (client and extended profile)
- .NET Framework 4.0 Release Candidate (client and extended profile)
- Mono 2.x
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and 3.5
- Support for pre-2.0 versions of the .NET Framework and Mono has been removed
- Logging pipeline and extensibility interface (targets, layout renderers, layouts, filters, etc.) has been completely redesigned for better maintainability
- Added support for wrapper layout renderers
Please consult breaking change policy for information about expected behavior. I would like to make sure logging APIs and configuration files continue to work without having to modify your code.