NLog 4.1.1 has been released!12 Sep 2015
We just released a new version of NLog which fixes a few issues in NLog 4.1.0.
- MDLC now also supports objects, such as MDC, GDC and NDC (those were added in 4.1.0)
- NLog won’t crash if there are binaries starting with “nlog” that we can’t load (those were loaded by the auto load feature)
- Directory was required with the internal logger
- Fixed assembly name issue with strong name. With the release of NLog 4.1.0 we made a mistake with the full name. We changed the version in it to 22.214.171.124, but because of the strong naming, we should keep it 126.96.36.199. This the curse of strong naming, and at least in NLog 4 we should just accept it.
In the NLog 4.1.1, the full name is the same as NLog 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.
If nuget is adding the following to your (main) .config:
You should remove it, or change it to:
- If you use other libraries built on NLog 3, 4.1.0 or before: change it
- If you don’t use other libraries built on NLog, or those which are built on NLog 4.x (expected 4.1.0), remove it
We are sorry if the upgrade to 4.1.0 caused any issues. We are aware that the strong naming sometimes gives more issues than solving things and that versioning issues with strong naming are common. But some users need the strong name, and therefore we will keep it for at least version 4.
- Obsolete text fixed
- Removed some unused classes (moved to NLog.Windows.Forms before)
Download it from nuget!